Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - TomTom 710 external antenna Espace IV

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 13th May 2006 Thread Starter
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
TomTom 710 external antenna Espace IV

Hi, 2 questions in one.. (sorry if it should have been 2 posts)

I have been thinking of purchasing a TomTom 710 GPS unit.

I have a Renault Espace IV with the GPS/GSM sharkfin in the roof, a heat reflective windscreen and the pre-telephone kit.

1/ Does anyone know of a way to connect the GPS cable in the Espace to the external antenna connector on the TomTom?

I understand the GPS cable has a bespoke Renault connector. Does a cable/adapter exist ? can I assemble one myself, what connectors are required/wiring diag. etc.
I'm reluctant to cut the connector off and replace it as I'm sure the dealer will cry "Invalid Warranty" if anything related goes wrong.

Ive looked at the external offerings from TomTom and 3rd parties but it seems a pity not to use the antenna already fitted and cabled.

2/ The car has a THB system8 phone kit fitted. Is there an easy way to connect the TomTom to the car stereo speakers (remember the head unit is in the boot. The THB is close though.)

Lots to think about and sorry for the ramble, but any help or step for a hint appreciated.

PS Before anyone thinks its an option .. I didnt buy the Renault SatNav when I purchased the car, because the car is mine and I pay for it (every penny -ouch!) ... and I had, and still have 2500 better things to do with 2500 than give it to Renault for a VDO SatNav.

Currently in Truckbusuk's garage:
Clio2 1.4RT Phase1(VF1BB0S) + Volvo XC90 SE Lux D5 Geartronic

Last edited by Truckbusuk; 13th May 2006 at 11:49 AM.
  5 Lastest Threads by Truckbusuk
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
4Car - web site is no more ... General Chat Truckbusuk 0 1540 31st December 2009 08:59 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome