Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - ABS and SERV light stay on

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 15th December 2008
Banned User
Nominated 0 Times in 9 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Lagdti View Post
The key word was 'properly'.

Many code readers can access the codes,but getting a specific result can be rather more difficult.

We have 5000 worth of scanner at work and it can't specify which wheel speed sensor is playing up on my car,but maybe there are some that cost 100 that can.

Do you work for the company that makes the F704 by any chance?.
Hi Lagdti - nice hat!,

As stated the FR704 can read the faults coded stored in the various control units on a Renault. For most of the codes there is a proper explanation or description in clear English. It can also read info from individual sensors on vehicles that are OBD2 compliant. This option is not possible on my 02 Trekka as it is not OBD2 compliant. The FR704 is a well-made and handy tool. I use it on my 2007 Transit as well. On the Transit I CAN log on to all sensors fitted and view their performance over time on a graphical display. I believe this function would work on any OBD2 compliant Renault.

I have noted some ignorance from certain posters in this forum. It has been claimed that scanners invent faults. Proper scanners only read what is stored. While at 160 pounds the FR704 might be considered expensive for some, it is however, at this time the only affordable alternative to tools that costs a lot more and do not provide any additional information to the user.

Another point. I have a 480 pound diagnostics system for my Smart car. This system can check out each wheel speed sensor, set and adjust the clutch and transmission and code various systems in addition to just reading fault codes. I bought this system (Win-Star Magus) from the US and saved 1300 pounds by not buying from the only UK supplier.

My apologies for having referenced the cheapest UK supplier of the FR704 in numerous recent posts in this forum. Have only done this out of humanitarianism - I confirm I am in no way associated with this supplier or the manufacturer.

Currently in tolsen's garage:
Trekka 1.9 DCI, Smart Cabrio Cdi (65 - 85 MPG) & Ford Transit 2.2 Duratorq TDCi

Last edited by tolsen; 15th December 2008 at 11:15 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome