Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Intermittant Starting Problem*fixed*

View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 15th December 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Originally Posted by whitbypoppy View Post

Can anyone help? I have tried to replace the sensor on my 2001 1.6 RXE auto. I can undo the bolts, but cannot wiggle the sensor out from under the thermostat housing. There must be a knack to it that I haven't discovered. Very frustrating! I don't want to have to take off the thermostat as well.

I managed to give the contact a good rub with my finger that cleaned it a bit, so the starting has improved, but I'm sure it would be better taking it off and doing a proper job. Incidentally, it is the sensor that has the captive nuts on it.

Thanks in anticipation
Are you sure you are trying to remove the TDC ? the TDC is usually on the top centre of the bell housing.

Look at these pictures of the TDC on the Laguna 11, your TDC should be in the same position..............

Laguna 11 TDC Sensor Fix

A problem well stated is a problem half solved !
Currently in davesss's garage:
2002 Laguna Sports Tourer 1.8 Dynamique Moondust VF1KGOB, Fiat Siecento Micheal Schumaker, Kawasaki KLE M/Cycle and a cheap Mountain Bike.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome