Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Door Lock Motor/Solenoid Failure

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 16th December 2008 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Door Lock Motor/Solenoid Failure

Hi All and Merry Chistmas,

This is a post about my experience with the central locking on my Laguna II; and particularly with the door locking module in the drivers door.

Last week I visited Tescos on my way home from work. Locked the car and tried the drivers door (as you do).
Door opens and alarm goes off. Try locking again; same thing. C**P I think (maybe even mutter).

Back home, pull the door card off and finally work out how to remove the door lock.

With the door 'flapping in the wind' I check the continuity of the motors on the newly removed lock mechanism. Sure enough the locking motor is dis'.

'Great' I mutter.

Next day start calling breakers. Things are looking up - local breaker has the part I need.

Call into the yard and ...'no, haven't seen one of those in a while' ... grrrr.

Decide to cut my losses and visit Renault to pay their wages for the month.

Get home; fit the unit; fit the trim (Renault wanted £21 for the double sided foam tape); all working great.

Finally dismantle the old lock. Discover an electronics module with two motors and a micro switch. One motor is sitting slightly out of its clip. Remove and reseat both motors - check continuity again - now good.

So it turns out that my problem was caused by a simple disconect between the locking motor and its clip holder.

For anyone else with central locking problems - a simple fix may be possible without the associated hastle and expense.

Currently in Eeeps's garage:
2011 Clio III dCi 88 Dynamique and 2016 CitroŽn Grand C4 Picasso Exclusive+ EAT6 2.0 BlueHDi
The Following User Says Thank You to Eeeps For This Useful Post:
Laciotat (31st March 2013)
  5 Lastest Threads by Eeeps
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Down Stream Lambda Problem Engines Lagdti 1 1067 31st May 2011 09:09 PM
Laguna : Sat Nav too hot Electronics Eeeps 6 2039 1st June 2009 10:02 PM
Laguna 2.0 IDE - strange engine noise Engines madnoel10 3 2079 25th January 2009 06:29 PM
Door Lock Motor/Solenoid Failure Electronics Paul Dengel 5 6321 16th December 2008 09:25 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome