Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - 172/182 Pre-Purchase Advice

View Single Post
post #35 of (permalink) Old 13th May 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Questions re: Clio Sport 182

Hi everybody,

I am considering purchasing a Clio Sport 182 and ther are some questions which I would like some help with please to help me make an informed decision.

Firstly, is there any way to tell from a picture if the car is a 182 cup or just the standard 182 sport? I'm also trying to find out the colour of the car - all the dealer has said is that it is blue. I really want to know if it's a metalic or solid. I've had an insurance quote which also says the same.

From the interior picture, can anybody advise if it is manual or digital climate control please? From looking at the rear picture I can't seem to see the exhaust at all... I'm hoping it's just the angle it was pictured!

My last question concerns the reg plate - the dealer seems to think it may have been imported. When I asked him for the specification, his details came up unknown... I've got an insurance quote which mentions nothing and a Car Data Check also shows up clear (but I know if imported from within EU it wouldn't anyway)

Is there anyway of checking firstly and is there any major drawbacks from buying an imported car? I really like the look of this car, but the colour of it doesn't seem the same as other pictures I''ve seen of the 182. As i said, it could just be how it was photographed. Any words of advice would be appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	clio rear.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	796   Click image for larger version

Name:	clio interior.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	797   Click image for larger version

Name:	clio 182.gif
Views:	10
Size:	1.7 KB
ID:	798  

Last edited by fletchie; 13th May 2006 at 09:08 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome