Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Flash car wash system

View Single Post
post #48 of (permalink) Old 26th August 2005
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Well...the verdict!

Well...the verdict!

It has dried with a fair few 'watermarks', I use quotes as they may be wax marks from the shampoo. But I'd still say it was successful, at least compared to the last time I washed it normally.

The water did sheet away, and the bulk of the marks tend to be around the edges of the panels. I've polished it off with a microfibre cloth (courtesy of Poundland. Our cleaners at work even swear by those), and they polished off a lot easier than washing the normal way. They seemed more like wax marks really.

I'm thinking maybe I overdid the shampoo stage, or didn't rinse enough before the autodry stage. It might be better next time, as I get used to it. So if you fancy it, I'd try it.

They also give a one year guarantee on the box against not liking it. Just phone the number on the box to arrange a refund. So it must work if you get the hang of doing it right, or they wouldn't offer that guarantee.

One thing I did do was do each stage to the whole car first, before moving onto the next one. They say on the box to do the full process to an area at a time. So maybe it had dried too much by the time I got to the next stage, although it's an overcast day really.

Give it a go!!

Currently in HD462's garage:
2000 Renault Laguna 1.9dti estate
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome