Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Removal of front bumper

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 19th December 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Probably a bit late replying but,

its as Marky said

2x 10mm bolts under the front, holding black plastic tray about 1 ft in from the front of the bumper

2x plastic clips under the bonnet holding the top grill (next to the headlamps) on black area near bonnet catch holes, they are weird you have to feel around for the end of them and push the centre out. a bit like a plastic pop rivet.

2x 10mm bolts in each wheel arch (behind the arch liners. You will need to remove the plugs holding the liners in place). They are located up near the joint between bumper and wing, there is a lump in the wheel arch liner roughly where they are. The plugs holding the liners in are a pain to remove without the correct tool. I snapped the tops off 3 of them before realising its easier if you twist and pull at the same time. Unfortunately they do not go back in as tight so the arches rattle.

I only know this coz I crashed the car into an embankment after skidding on ice last week, it broke a lot of random plastic on the black plastic tray and cracked the painted part of the bumper in several places. So I removed it and glued it back together
Currently in geordiejock's garage:
2001Y Clio 1.2 8V Authentique
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome