Independent Renault Forums banner

passenger window just dropped.urgent

4K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Pat.w 
#1 ·
on my way home i just noticed passenger window was stuck open about two inches the window would not move up or down. When i got home i touched the window and the window slowly dropped fully down. Motor is working but the window will not move up. Anybody have any ideas even if i can jus get the window up for the time being so i can get to work tommorow and have it looked at properly. Thanks in Advance :steam:
Sorry the car is a Grand Scenic

G
#2 · (Edited)
Sounds like the clips on the window regulator, all too common on Renaults I'm afraid. Take the door card off and you may be ble to wedge it in place

If it is the dealer will charge you for a complete unit if it's not under warranty. Although I have heard if them replacing them after the warranty is out as a good will gesture

#6 ·
ref;passenger window dropping

thanks for the prompt replies,sorry but i tend to panic when things go wrong,and they always go wrong at the wrong time,ie raining,late at night etc,anyway i have managed to get the window back up and taped it secure.the motor is sounding but nothing happening with with the window.fortunatly has the car was 3 years old two weeks ago and the problem i had with other problems i decided to take out extra warranty,so i am covered for this one.but if i could afford it i would get rid of this bag of SH*T and get a decent motor,there must be better ones out there.once again thanks for everyones help.:steam:

#8 ·
took the car to my local garage on tuesday,they stripped the door down and found the fault ,they then telephoned my extra warranty insurance and was told due to being a common fault with renaults they would not pay but was told renault would although the car is out of warranty.my garage then telephoned renault who agreed to do the work[next monday].after my garage asking if they could continue the work they were told no that they would do the work.first tip on this is if you have extra warranty speak to renault first in case the faults are common .secondly i find it annoying that companys can sell products with known faults and the purchaser not being told.

#10 ·
I do agree with the above.

1st my manifold cracked, back box rubbers had gone, rad leaked badly, cambelt tensioner was shot to sh1t + belt, dor latch snapped, stuck rear doors, rear shocks failed, washer pump failed, rear wiper probs, so used a delete plug and removed it, thermostat became lazy, tdc sensor probs, idle motor control probs, rear light clusters going wacky, rattling exhaust mount under the engine, drivers door window mechanism snapped at top of unit, bad smell inside the car (leather interior from an ebayer sorted that out), poor washer jet performance.

However all of the above has been fixed and given that the car is 10 years old with 100k showing its not that bad.

The scenic I have runs sweet like a dream and I trust the car with my partner who has just passed her test and given birth in the space of the last two months.

I just dread HG and clutch jobs, fingers crossed..

#11 ·
passenger window dropped

Last Sunday went back to car - Renault Grand Scenic - and the window had dropped. To cut the story short logged on to this forum - realised this fault had happened to others - my car 15 days out of warranty. I contacted Renault customer services - very friendly and helpful - 5 minutes later contacted by local dealership - booked in Wenesday morning - fitted new regulator by 10.30 am - no charge. My thanks to Renault and to this forum.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.