Join Date: Oct 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanked 28 Times in 27 Posts
This fix really does only need a soldering iron and solder.
1. First unclip the ash tray.
2. Next unclip the card reader (don't even need to remove the connector).
3. Then unclip the climate control panel. This just pulls out.
4. Remove the two connectors. These have a retaining clip. Just push the small bump in from of the clip and then move the clip accros and down. The connector comes straight out.
5. Remove the plastic trim from the front of the climate control unit. The four clips can be easily released with fingers and thumbs
6. Remove the inner plastic pannel from the unit. Five clips can be released with finger pressure.
7. Resolder the large surface mount resistor to the right of the display (101 printed on it).
Whole job 10 minutes max.
Currently in Eeeps's garage:
2011 Clio III dCi 88 Dynamique and 2016 CitroŽn Grand C4 Picasso Exclusive+ EAT6 2.0 BlueHDi