Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Parts warranty question...Help please!!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 14th May 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Parts warranty question...Help please!!

Hi guys, I was wondering if any of you would be able to tell me where I stand with Renault with my little problem...

Last July whilst holidaying in France the dreaded EGR valve failed on my 01 Espace 2.2dci.

I managed to get the car to a Renault dealer near to where we were staying and dispite the serious lack of French on my part (and English on theirs!!) they replaced the EGR valve and gasket and I was on my way again...

The problem I now have is that this afternoon after coming out of the pub from lunch (car ok on all the way there) I start him up and guess what.....engine management light on,lots of diesel smoke and no power.

My question is- Beacause the part was replaced by Renault in France will this affect the parts warranty and repair or will I be able to drive/get recovered to my local dealership and them diagnose and replace parts under normal warranty conditions???

The last thing I want is another 300 bill 9 months down the line (not including the 350 at xmas )

Advise and replys welcome.....

Currently in rogerreno's garage:
1987 GT Turbo + 1989 R21 Turbo
  5 Lastest Threads by rogerreno
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Parts warranty question...Help please!! Cars & motoring hondo 7 1359 14th May 2006 03:46 PM
Why you should NEVER cheat on a women!!! Jokes & funny stuff Lu 6 1038 8th May 2006 10:54 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome