Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Courtesy light and door locking issue

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 22nd December 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question Courtesy light and door locking issue

Our Mégane has a courtesy light and auto door locking problem: while driving, the courtesy light illuminates every time the car goes over even a moderate bump, and the "door open" warning light flickers constantly. The option to lock the doors once the car is moving is engaged, i.e. the doors lock once moving. So every time we go over a bump, the lock tries to re-engage as well with its corresponding “clunk”.

The door switches seem OK: they operate the courtesy light as expected. I have tried removing the door switches and the problem is still present, so presumably that rules them out of suspicion.

Anyone seen anything similar, please? I can’t find anything else on the forums here that looks at all similar … What device detects car movement to activate the door locking mechanism – to me that must be a candidate?

Thanks in advance!
Currently in IanMB's garage:
2000 Mégane E Cabriolet 1.6
  5 Lastest Threads by IanMB
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Courtesy light and door locking issue Electronics IanMB 13 3093 22nd December 2008 09:54 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome