View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 22nd December 2008
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Fishing the Sea Champion
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 11
Originally Posted by watts View Post
Not sure if this is the right forum to post in.
I have an espace that has a problem with the tailgate lock. Sometimes it is impossible to open the tailgate. Often I can close the tailgate then when I go to open it again, without operating the central locking, it won't open. The handle moves but doesn't disengage the lock. Other times the handle doesn't want to move. Very frustrating especially when loaded with stuff that won't fit through the rear doors. Can I get at the lock by removing the interior panel?
Hi Watts i had the same problem on my 2002 espace and and it seemed to just be a little wb40 in places was required,to remove the panel you will need star Allen key type torques and if memory serves me well there is some down the sides of the panel at the bottom as well as some behind the handle you use to pull the door shut with but i think they are hidden behind the handle trim,

When this happened to me it just seemed to be the lucking mechanism getting stuck in between locking and unlocking and as i said a little wd sorted it out i hope this helps Donald
Currently in Donald's garage:
2005 Mercedes Benz C200 Classic SE Kompresser & 1998 Fiat Cinquecento Fire Sporting,some may say i could do far better?,i say i could do far worse.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome