Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - mp3 changer

Thread: mp3 changer
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 22nd December 2008
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
mp3 to head unit

whatever goes into the head unit, be it via the antenna or via the cd stacker input plug, should definitly not affect the steering control unit, or dash display, afterall, its the head unit that connects to these to functions, if u choose the cd input plug, to function the mp3 player, u still select that source, ie tape 2, instead of the stacker inputing the music, the mp3 player does.only diference is u need to set the data input via the mp3 player, ie song selection etc. whereas with the stacker, u can change source with the head unit control.i modified my cable to include a 3.5mm socket, which i drilled a hole out of sight, and screwed a facia plug into the hole, now i just need to push the 3.5mm cable plug from the mp3 player into the dash mounted plug, its all very tidy, i used a 2 into 1 rca adaptor to convert the 2 rca cables that the manufacturer supplies, although i understand you can now get that done when u buy the cable.if my camera is returned to me, soon, i will try and illustrate the set up, cd stackers are loosing the race to MP3 players now, its cheaper , and u can get them up to 4GB, which is thousands of songs, 1GB is quite adequate, about 250 to 300 songs,
Currently in petercee's garage:
1998 scenic rxe
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome