Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Corroded bracket / bumper removal

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 24th December 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Corroded bracket / bumper removal

Probably a numpty question from a newbie but I come seeking guidance and hoping to not have to send the car to the dealer, what with the expense of Christmas and all.

I have a 1.6 petrol 2001 Scenic and noticed a black box hanging down in front of the driver's side front wheel yesterday. On further investigation it appears that the black box, (about 30m long and almost cylindrical - circa 10cm diameter), should be mounted on a bracket (T shaped mount with a U bend) which has corroded right through. the box is hanging from its wires. I pushed it back up and it's currently resting on the inside of the bumper moulding.

To renew the bracket I think I need access to the wheel arch which presumably requires removal of the front bumper.

I'd be very grateful if anyone could advise if I've estimated this correctly, or whether there's an easier way.

I'd alo be very grateful if anyone can advise whether the replacement of the bracket is considered too difficult or a diy-er, (I'm fairly handy - I changed the rear shocks).

Thanks in advance.
Currently in greyscenic's garage:
2001 Renault Scenic Sport Alize 1.6 petrol
  5 Lastest Threads by greyscenic
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Corroded bracket / bumper removal Bodywork greyscenic 5 1228 24th December 2008 10:22 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome