Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Trip counter resets itself & heated rear screen has a mind of its own?

View Single Post
post #21 of (permalink) Old 27th December 2008 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Technical Supremo
Nominated 3 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
I have noticed with my fault that if the car is driven before the clocks have went back to normal operation that when they come on the mileage has jumped up, so now I wait until the clocks have sorted themselves out before I drive off.

Once the fault has cleared my clocks read normally….no silly speeds on the average speed indicator or anything.

Replacing the cluster is quite easy. All you need to do is to lower the steering wheel using the column adjustment leaver….then you unclip the small piece of plastic on the dash lust below the clocks on the right hand side….then the bezel that goes around the clocks just unclips….you have to unclip the piece of leather type material that is there so the gap isn’t visible when the steering column is lowered….this is held to the bottom of the bezel with Velcro. Once all of that is out of the way there is only 1 torx head screw to remove & then the cluster can be moved out to allow you to remove the 2 plugs to the rear of the cluster.

I started a thread detailing the cluster fault….take a look….

Laguna (possibly others) faulty instrument cluster
Currently in TTT's garage:
2001 Renault Laguna II 1.9dCi Dynamique Sport Tourer
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome