Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 2 - Are They That Bad?

View Single Post
post #147 of (permalink) Old 27th December 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I have had my Lag II for 18 months, done 125k when bought now done 144k. I have replaced both window mechs when I bought it & now pasenger side has broken again. I replaced rear bushes for mot last year and then had to repalce them again this year. I replaced the track rods today, they had also need replaced some time in the past, as have the wishbones. The air con has stopped working and won't regass, 3 tyre sensors are faulty, key card is playing up (140 for new one!!!).

I hope to get it mot'd this week. I will then use it untill my current contract ends in March. Then it will have to go.
My wifes Mondeo has done similar mileage but is older (P-reg), it has not had as many parts replaced. But more importantly anything that has been replaced has not failed again unlike the Laguna. We got a new ignition lock and remote key from Ford for 65! and they made the lock and key up to match the other locks!
My wife wants a newer car (chance to get rid of the Laguna and have her old Mondeo I thought), we went round some local dealers the other day. Against Mondeos priced 2000-2500 we were offered round about 300 for the old Mondeo, 3 dealers would not take my Laguna in part ex, the 4th offered us 500 for it but then offered 300 off for no part ex! he recommended selling the Mondeo private should get 3-400 he said and then take his offer of 300 no p/x discount. His only advice for the Laguna was don't buy another one.
Its a Mondeo for me as well next time of possibly a Vectra or Aventis. I don't ever plan to sell my Discovery that just gets better all the time 210,000 15 years old, it never fails to get me home.
Currently in Ian_gary_price's garage:
2001 Renault Laguna II Authentic 1.6 16v

Last edited by Ian_gary_price; 27th December 2008 at 10:17 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome