Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - retro fit boot spoiler (hatchback)

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 28th December 2008
laguna steve
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I fitted my origanal spoiler to my mates laguna

What you do is

1 - Turn the spoiler over and using some a4 paper, tape the paper to the bottom of the spoiler leg, only tape it on 2 sides with a little bit of tape

2 - While itís this way mark where the screw holes are on the paper, or put a pen through the hole

3 - Place the spoiler on the boot of the car and when you sure / happy that itís central on the boot, tape the other sides of the paper to the boot making sure you donít move the spoiler, and then remove the tape from the spoiler leaving the paper on the boot, this is your template.

4 - Mark on the boot where the hole should go and then when you 100% sure every thing is central go get that big mother of a drill and make your hole, I would make a dent or score the centre of the hole 1st and then start with a small drill bit before using the bigger drill bit to make the hole bigger

5 - After the holes have been drilled get some hamerite primer and paint the now exposed metal both inside and out of the car.

6 - Now its time to line your spoiler up and fit the bolts, you might want to use a little bit of rubber sealant around the area of the 2 holes so it forms a water proof seal and any adjusting that needs doing, do it now

When you happy with your work tighten the bolts up and hay presto
Currently in laguna steve's garage:
2001 Renault Laguna 2 V6 + BMW E39 525 M Sport + Skyline R34 GTRR
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome