Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic Verses C Max

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 2nd January 2009
Platinum member
Nominated 2 Times in 3 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Originally Posted by RUSSBUS View Post
Hi , Sorry To Say We Sold Our Sceinc In May 08 And Changed It For A Ford C Max , I Wanted Another Senic But My Wife Dint Like The Back End Styling So The Ford Was The One We Got . I Do Think The Ford Is A More Stylish Design Than The Renault But A Few Things I Miss Are , Rear Seats Dont Recline Or Slide Forward And Back And Are Very Fiddly To Remove . The Renault Has A Slightly Higher Driving Position . The Renault Has More Storage Compartments And Is A Hell Of A Lot Easier To Vac Out . We Miss The Twin Sun Roof , No 12v Socket In Back For Kids Games . The Worst Thing Was No Spare Wheel Or Jack There Was A Cannister That Filled Tyre With Foam If Yougot A Flat But This Meant The Tyre Was Scrapped Not Repaired ( An Expensive Way To Repair A Nail In A Tyre !!!! )

The C - Max in my opinion is more a larger hatchback than a MPV.

The C - Max has better handling dynamics over the Scenic and is more of a drivers car one of the best currently on the market .

Space in the Scenic is considerably better and you do have a flat floor space when you remove the rear seats , Comfort and lot's of storage come as standard on the whole Scenic range with some very useful touches for a family orientated car .

Overall I would say the Ford engines are better than the current offerings from Renault, Tho a Tdci I had extensive use off fuel economy wise was not what I expected mid 30s was the best I could get from the car .

Unfortunately a tyre repair kit seems to be coming the norm on most car's these days and the Grand Scenic II follows suit tho you can specify a spare when ordering from new at extra cost.

Entry and exit from the Scenic II is very good

The interior is bright and offers all occupants a good outlook even kids strapped into car seats enjoy the elevated rear aspect of the Scenic.

Seats are easy to move and adjust bit heavy to remove from the car tho

The Scenic II is due for imminent replacement and hopefully some of the bugbears of the present car will not be carried over to the Scenic III.

Build quality to my mind is about on par for both cars, The Scenic IIs reliability has improved greatly since it's launch as has Renaults after sales customer service .

Quite a number of new players have come to the market place in the MPV sector since the Scenic's introduction and some are very good car's but at a price that far exceeds Renault and Ford prices.

The Scenic has quite good residuals considering it's mass market production from a mnufacturer that has suffered from poor reliabilty over the last few years with some of it's models.

The Scenic II is a good all round family car that is comfortable and safe for most familys needs.

I see myself always owning an MPV type of vehicle as they have much to offer in general motoring and the kid's just love them, Not sure it will be another Renault depends really on the next generation of the Scenic .

Some stonking buys to be had on the current Scenic at the mo due to it's imminent replacement

Last edited by ottoman; 2nd January 2009 at 12:01 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome