Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Dealership work quote -, is this reasonable?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 2nd January 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Dealership work quote -, is this reasonable?

My wife has recently had a service, MOT etc on her 53 reg clio 1.2. It come as quite a shock to find it needed 530 work in total. New front disks, pads, track rod ends, service... The car has only done 34K, used locally for her work, kids to and from school etc.

It passed the MOT but had a couple of advisorys with a price, would I like to have them done??

1. Timing belt (because of age) 362 but they could do it for 299. I totally agree with doing this but recently it only cost me 170 on my 1.8 Ford Mondeo at a local garage. Is their any reason why the Clio is so much more expensive?

2. Rear axle bushes 184. Again I had a couple of bushes changed on the front of my Mondeo 50.

3. Spark plugs 60.05. I am sure these are not expensive even in Halfords and I remember my father doing his when I was younger with a basic socket set in half an hour.

If I had all the work they suggested done it would of cost me 1250. What I am trying to get a feel for is are these prices normal for this sort of work? especially on a Clio?

Mant thanks

p.s. Not certain if I can say the dealership in question... so I am in Warrington and used a dealership not a million miles away.
Currently in garyc8086's garage:
2003 1.1 Clio, 1994 Espace, 2000 Mondeo.

Last edited by garyc8086; 2nd January 2009 at 09:56 PM.
  5 Lastest Threads by garyc8086
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Dealership work quote -, is this reasonable? Cars & motoring bpowell555 31 3970 2nd January 2009 09:34 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome