Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Dealership work quote -, is this reasonable?

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 2nd January 2009
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to root-two
Originally Posted by planmeca View Post
Hi again Gary,

The timing belt is a definate to do. The price you quoted is about right for a main renault stealer but you should be able to get it done by an independant for around 200.

Can't comment on the bushes as I haven't had them done.

Plugs would cost about 20.00 from Halfrauds and take about half an hour to change (easily done yourself)
Just as a couple of datapoints, I've just had a look through all the service receipts and whatnot for my Clio, and I've got:
  • Cambelt replacement - 130 including parts, labour and VAT (done about a year ago, though)
  • 30 (approx) for a set of plugs *and* HT leads. Plugs are listed on the receipt as a tenner for 4.
  • Can't comment on axle bushes - never had to have any work like that done.

Both the bits of work above were done by two different (independent) garages in York - YMMV in other parts of the country.

I'd definitely get the cambelt done, plugs are a judgement call (I change 'em once a year anyway - I only got replacement HT leads because the ones in place were a bit gash)

"No performance at all is vastly preferable to an obscene travesty" - Kaikhosru Shapurji Sorabji
Currently in root-two's garage:
1999 Clio 1.2RN Grande (D7F)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome