Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clock and trip computer resetting on its own!!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 3rd January 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Clock and trip computer resetting on its own!!

My 2004 1.6 Scenic II has just developed a new fault - every time you switch the engine off the trip computer seems to lose all info. So, the next time you start the car everything (both trip counters, clock, average mpg, average speed etc etc - but NOT the odometer or the next-service-due value) has been reset to zero. No other problem is evident i.e. the car is running OK and the entire dashboard display appears to be functioning correctly whilst driving.

I've searched the forum and although there are plenty of reports of faulty instrument panels, none appear to match my exact symptoms (unless they are about to develop... gulp!). Any ideas anyone?
Currently in AuldNick's garage:
2004 Scenic 1.6 petrol; 1989 Mazda Eunos Roadster (MX-5)
  5 Lastest Threads by AuldNick
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Clock and trip computer resetting on its own!! Electronics AuldNick 5 4684 3rd January 2009 04:10 PM
Thermometer fault, Scenic II Electronics ottoman 8 4501 15th February 2008 07:49 AM
Renault Scenic II - Electronics - Panoramic roof... Scenic neilgordon 18 18552 9th August 2007 07:34 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome