Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Dealership work quote -, is this reasonable?

View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 3rd January 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Firstly can I say many thanks for all your replies.

What I can conclude from your help is :-

1. That the dealership prices can be as much as double what I would expect at an independant. This appears to be because of high labour charges. I did suspect I was getting over charged which is what prompted me to make the original post. I was not certain if it was just me or a general thing. I accept that they offer a very professional & friendly service, nice show room etc. however next time I think I'll be keeping the cash.

2. The timing belt MUST be done because of the cars age however I should be looking to pay 150 to 170. There is not something "special" about the Clio belt or its fitting that should cause it to be more expensive than my Mondeo's was.

3. The 60 for the spark plugs change was trying it on. They cost about 10 - 15 and can be fitted in half an hour.

4. The problems with my real axle bushes could well be caused by the speed humps in my area. Don't worry about them too much until they start making a noise or fit it in when the cars in for other work.

Many many thanks once again.
Currently in garyc8086's garage:
2003 1.1 Clio, 1994 Espace, 2000 Mondeo.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome