Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - which battery?

Thread: which battery?
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 4th January 2009
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by lejarvo View Post
Going to get a battery this week but a premium one. I always have the sat nav on, heating, cd player/radio, headlights as i work nights and window demisters so theres alot of strain on my old battery which i havent changed in around 4 years.

Any ideas which make or where from, i have around a £100 to spend and will fit it myself. Is it true that the halfords premium batterys say its 30% better starting power and ideal for extras like sat nav and handsfree kits etc?

any info would be great.

edit: couldnt get this posted under electronics, something about drop down box?

I had no end of problems with 'standard' batteries in my Laguna. The original one lasted 2 years. A friend gave me a standard 40Amp/h that lasted one year. Finally spent £100 at Halfords and got a heavy duty calcium with 5 year warranty. Whilst this was probably some £20 more expensive than I could have got on line at least I know I can take it straight back to any Halford branch.

The car is normally used for short journeys but the new battery has been faultless for three years. (three winters).

I'd recommend getting the biggest battery that can fit in the space available not the one suggested.

Currently in Eeeps's garage:
2011 Clio III dCi 88 Dynamique and 2016 CitroŽn Grand C4 Picasso Exclusive+ EAT6 2.0 BlueHDi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome