Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Temperature display quirk

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 4th January 2009 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Temperature display quirk

Has anyone else noticed this one? I wonder if it's the whole Renault range, or specific to the models with 3D sat-nav.

I just drove back from Birmingham, and about 5 miles from home, I noticed that the temperature had dropped to -4. I don't think I've ever seen it that low since I got the car. The weird thing though: The C wasn't flashing. The temperature rose to -3 shortly afterwards, and the C started flashing again.

I always thought that the C was supposed to flash at 3C or below to warn of the possibility of ice on the road. Looking at this, it would appear that it takes the absolute (unsigned) value of the temperature and only flashes if it's 3 or less.

Or maybe the software was written by one of the people who thought they'd won on the lottery scratch cards because they were convinced that -3 was a lower temperature than -4

Just an odd quirk and of academic interest. I'm more concerned at the fact that my headlamp jetwash no longer seems to be working.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
  5 Lastest Threads by Horatio
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Clio II odd ABS fault Electronics jamie 6 3842 22nd May 2011 08:49 AM
Carminat TomTom nightmare Electronics JohnKFreeman 9 16967 7th May 2011 09:54 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome