Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Difficult to start when cold

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 4th January 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by pcspike View Post
I would need to double check the actual voltage, but while trying to sort out the non starting issue (when cold) with my Kangoo 1.9D 2001, I checked the voltage to each cable to the glow plugs, all were roughly the same, but after switching off the ignition, three of the four drops to zero, but one shows a small reading. Itís only about .320v. Itís probably nothing, but given that there is a problem I thought it worth mentioning. Any thoughts on this?
Also have had cold starting problems with 2.2 Dci and tried everything, and replaced everything. Finally tried heating each componenet with a paint stripper one at a time, and it seems to be the ECU . Also after leaving the ignition on for sometime (10 mins) to allow the ECU to warm up, it will then start.
Try the hair drier test. Also check the glow plugs resistance - it should be quite low about 2 ohms or less. It it is much higher, they will not warm up enough- cheap to replace and available on the internet.

Good luck,
Currently in huntscraft's garage:
Espace 2002 2.2 DCI, Peugeot 307 HDI 136
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome