Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - laguna 1, phase 1 (p-reg rxe 2.0) key programming

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 4th January 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
laguna 1, phase 1 (p-reg rxe 2.0) key programming

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone could help me. The battery is running low on my main key, and the previous owner lost the code on the spare key when he swapped the batteries on the other key. The spare key no longer operates the central locking, nor the immobiliser. I've recently obtained the immobiliser override code for starting the car, which works with either key, and is done by inputting the 4 digit code using the cental locking button near the handbrake. I gather that it's not possible to reprogram the immobiliser/transponder code in the keys RF emitter, but the central locking with the IR should work, so I was wondering if anyone had been able to do it? I've read that you should be able to do it by entering the immobiliser override code and then switching the ignition off and plip'ing the spare key twice right next to the ir receiver near the rear-view mirror. This hasn't seemed to work for me. Variations on that method have been to use both keys, and also to switch the ignition on before plip'ing, but none have worked. If anyone could help me out with this, that'd be great.

I'm only suddenly interested in this because my yellow squiggly warning light started coming on the other day after I spent half an hour trying to bump start my car (on my own at a motorway service station!), and the car complains that there is an immobiliser fault now. I've been worried about the main key running out of battery too, and have been too scared to try and replace the batteries!!

Regarding the immobiliser problem, I've been led to believe that the receiver might be wet, and a quick dose of cure-all wd40 might fix it, but I'm not sure whether it would be inside the steering column, or near the IR receiver near the rear-view mirror. If anyone could advise on that as well, that'd be great

Many thanks!
Currently in tombardier's garage:
1996 renault laguna RXE 2.0i
  5 Lastest Threads by tombardier
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna Mk1 Front CrossMember Corrosion - MOT... Bodywork tombardier 17 7632 3rd December 2009 05:44 PM
'97 Laguna 2.0 8v RXE Timing Belt Assistance Engines tombardier 2 2363 27th September 2009 10:04 PM
laguna 1, phase 1 (p-reg rxe 2.0) key... Electronics Lagdti 1 2404 4th January 2009 08:19 PM
Petrol Laguna 1 8v: Engine hesitates... Engines chard 9 2803 22nd May 2008 08:05 PM
Overheating problem since having engine steam... Heating & cooling TheLastSon 5 2400 7th February 2008 11:18 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome