Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Silly servicing

Thread: Silly servicing
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 15th May 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to Disky
Silly servicing

ok,,, wait til i pick myself up of the floor................

As some may know, last year i bought a Lag II dCi 2001

Everything was great until i got tyres changed, then had to get new sensors etc,,, however that all in a days fun for a LagII owner i spose,,,

recently the ABS light and SERV light came on, everything was ok, even had ABS working so i was not duly concerned about it.

Car now approaching 128,000 miles, so i thought, get service done early (2000 early) so i called up the local Renault dealer today , who said yes no probs, we can do that,,,,, aske about mileage,, the service girl pondered for a mo and then said, "Hmmm, i'll need to confirm a price for you", i asked why,, she replied by saying that they have not had a LagII that has done that many miles,, then proceeded to quote me in excess of 300 for a normal full service..........

To say i was gobsmacked was an understatement, that was just for a basic service she said, engine oil , filters and a full brake check,,,and that should take approx 2 hours... so i said, can i get a job please, i would love to make 150 an hour.........................

really makes me wonder. of to my local garage next week, who can do it all for less that half that. Is it any surprise that dealers are loosing custom with attitudes like that?

What mileage does your renault have on it ?

Last edited by bonedavid; 16th May 2006 at 04:22 AM. Reason: the forums do not use a name & shame policy.
  5 Lastest Threads by Disky
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
PRANGED the Lag II Bodywork Disky 23 3608 21st November 2006 08:59 PM
Renault Laguna II - Electronics - Loose sensor Electronics Lagdti 12 3142 31st August 2006 06:10 PM
Renault Clio bulbs, H7 or H4's ?? Electronics Disky 2 6505 22nd June 2006 07:09 PM
Silly servicing Cars & motoring Disky 20 2998 15th May 2006 07:51 PM
I can't blieve i just did this.............. Cars & motoring chris m 3 1067 15th April 2006 09:50 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome