Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 2002 Scenic DCI alarm Problems

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 4th January 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
2002 Scenic DCI alarm Problems

I apologize if this a re-post but I used the search and could not find the answer anywhere.

I have a 2002 Scenic privilige + DCI and have had problems with the battery, so much so the alarm has gone haywire.

My problem is that when you plip the car there is a noise made when you open the door and the alarm sounds until you hit the "open" part of the central locking part of the console.

Even when you 'plip' shut, you get 2 tones and then the same happens when you come back to the car, 'plip' open and go through it all again

Disconnecting the battery on set another alarm off somewhere near the RH windscreen wiper!

I looked in the Haynes manual and apparently there is an isolation switch in the glove compartment. Mine does not have it there. is it because it is a diesel?!

It really is driving me nuts trying to figure it out, so any help would be very much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Currently in Skdiz's garage:
2002 1.9 DCi Scenic 2 Priv +
  5 Lastest Threads by Skdiz
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
2002 Scenic DCI alarm Problems Electronics Skdiz 2 2081 4th January 2009 10:41 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome