Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - How much have you spent on your Renault this year

View Single Post
post #223 of (permalink) Old 5th January 2009
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by lavendergirl View Post
well I've had a great 2 years with my vel and in the past 4 months I have been crippled with an almost unbelievable catalogue of faults, resulting in my belief that my car prefers time iin the Renault than on my driveway.

Christmas was very nearly cancelled and some faults remain unfixed becuase my credit card won't have it and neither will I come to that.

the list runs:

replace headlamp motor 85
replace rear brake calipers 760
rear boot seal 170
replace rear windscreen ( excess only) 65
clean dirty butterfly valve on air intake 197
replace rear brake discs and pads 414

please don't make me add it up.

and why not include tyres? I've had 4 new ones in 4 months and that's 600 - and a 200 service of course...

I thank you. my next car will be a clio!
Hi lavendergirl, sorry to hear about the expense but to be honest for three years motoring that's not bad. Obviously you can save some money if you or a friend does the work for you, but discounting the tyres and brakes as consumables - you'll pay the same with any car - then your only big job was the brake calipers. That does sound high, was it a main dealer or is the part very expensive? Here's hoping for a quieter few months, or maybe take out a warranty

Currently in bpowell555's garage:
2002 Renault Laguna II 2.2dCi Initiale, 1990 E30 325i Touring (Bavarian Tigzwerken Express)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome