Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Kangoo Key Coding - Have I got this right?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 6th January 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Kangoo Key Coding - Have I got this right?

Hi All,

Having read through nearly all of the Kangoo related posts I'm amazed the bl**dy thing ever worked in the first place.

Renault rang today to say the new RF PLIP key i bought for 105 has arrived.

Before I can use it it will need to be coded/programmed/synchronised (are these all words for the same thing?) to the van. This I gather will render the old - sometimes faulty - key useless.

Looking at other posts I have seen the following instructions for synchronising a new key

1. Turn Ignition OFF.
2. Press the central door locking button for more than 5 seconds.
Note : the door should lock then unlock.
3. When this happens, 10 seconds is allowed for the rest of the procedure and the immobiliser warning light should illuminate not flash, illuminate.
4. Press the remote control once, the doors should lock and unlock.
5. Repeat for second remote if required.
6. Check that the remote control unlocks and locks the doors.
1.Is this really all that is involved in setting up the new key? Renault want to charge me 80+ for doing this. I've called two auto locksmiths and one quoted 80, the other 50.
2. The procedure allows for doing a second remote - can I reprogramme the old key to use as a back-up.

5 Lastest Threads by Tiler
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Kangoo Key Coding - Have I got this right? Kangoo Tiberious 4 24571 6th January 2009 01:00 PM
Kangoo Van - Radio and Immobiliser/Starting Kangoo ottoman 1 10796 5th January 2009 03:14 PM
Hi - I come bearing problems Welcome to RenaultForums Tink 6 2239 5th January 2009 03:05 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome