Join Date: Jan 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Kangoo Key Coding - Have I got this right?
Having read through nearly all of the Kangoo related posts I'm amazed the bl**dy thing ever worked in the first place.
Renault rang today to say the new RF PLIP key i bought for £105 has arrived.
Before I can use it it will need to be coded/programmed/synchronised (are these all words for the same thing?) to the van. This I gather will render the old - sometimes faulty - key useless.
Looking at other posts I have seen the following instructions for synchronising a new key
CLIO II, KANGOO & MASTER RF RESYNCHRONISING
1. Turn Ignition OFF.
2. Press the central door locking button for more than 5 seconds.
Note : the door should lock then unlock.
3. When this happens, 10 seconds is allowed for the rest of the procedure and the immobiliser warning light should illuminate – not flash, illuminate.
4. Press the remote control once, the doors should lock and unlock.
5. Repeat for second remote if required.
6. Check that the remote control unlocks and locks the doors.
1.Is this really all that is involved in setting up the new key?
Renault want to charge me £80+ for doing this. I've called two auto locksmiths and one quoted £80, the other £50.
2. The procedure allows for doing a second remote - can I reprogramme the old key to use as a back-up.