Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Changing headlight bulb in Megane II

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 8th January 2009
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by slinknet View Post
By moving the top of the clip towards you, it will clear the holding notch and then drop down (still being held in place in the two rings at the bottom).
In my experience (from my Megane days), I found that moving the top of the spring to the right rather than trying to pull towards me released it very quickly. My first attempt took about 45 mins; I can now be confident of doing it in two.

It is quite psychological because you hear how hard it is and you kind of panic because your hand gets claustrophobia but once you crack it, it's quite striaght forward (you won't believe it until you've done it, though)

'Remove the power connection to the bulb, on the top right of the bulb, push the top of spring upwards and then slightly to the right, it will fall down, remove bulb, replace bulb, fold spring back up and push so that it locks again and, finally, replace connector!'
(If this seems familiar, it's a contribution I made to another forum that is copied in their FAQs section)
Currently in abou27's garage:
2007 Renault Laguna GT175 (2.0dci), 1998 Renault Ares 4.0l td
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abou27 For This Useful Post:
giganto (2nd April 2013), jazzman11 (17th December 2012)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome