Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Espace radio stopped working after changing battery

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 9th January 2009
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Fishing the Sea Champion
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 11

I own a 2002 Renault Espace 2.0 16v with the same stereo set up as yours and i do not require a radio code so you might not either,it is possible if the radio is left on and then the battery is changed over it pops the fuse in the head unit itself,what i would do is check all the fuses first in the fuse box and if they are ok you will then have to remove the front drivers seat iam afraid to get access to the other fuse built into the head unit and i would then say your problem will be cured,

Just a word of warning when changing the battery in your espace the side lights should of been put on first for during the change over of old to new battery's this would prevent a spike going to your dashboard,

Please keep us updated to how you get on,there is lots of threads about on the forum with pic's that will help you on your way and if your struggling to find them just give me a should and iam more than welcome to help cheers all the best good luck Donald.

Sorry can't help with your central locking but my guess would be a fuse??just by chance you do realise to turn the radio on you need to hold down on the button either on the top of the stalk or Tun on the remote control for it to switch on just another little trick that catches people out.
Currently in Donald's garage:
2005 Mercedes Benz C200 Classic SE Kompresser & 1998 Fiat Cinquecento Fire Sporting,some may say i could do far better?,i say i could do far worse.

Last edited by Donald; 9th January 2009 at 08:43 AM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome