Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clock/Radio Display Problem

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 9th January 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Red face Clock/Radio Display Problem

Not getting a proper display on my Radio Display unit. I had to re-code the radio recently and although I can see the display very dimly with the top of the dash off (and successfully recoded it), once the dash is replaced, the display is all but invisible again. The seatbelt light is bright, which would suggest full power is getting to the unit.

Only possible clue that I have is that just below the display there is a clump of wires which, at some time in the past, have been disconnected (cut off short). There is one thick wire, and two or three thinner wires.

As far as I can see, there are only two connectors to the display unit and two bulbs. (Unless you know different)! No empty sockets in the unit that I can see. Just these two long ones.

Whether this is relevant to the display or not, I know not. I'm wondering whether it is, or whether it is from some previously disconnected accessory? Any ideas?

Next step is to take the bulbs out and test them, but I'm assuming that they are for night use, and come on with the lights? Or do the bulbs illuminate the LCD even in daytime?

As always any ideas, including possible test procedures welcome.

I have been told that these displays, especially orange displays are susceptible to sunlight, but it seems a funny place for sunlight to get to.

Thanks for any ideas.
Currently in Spannerdemon's garage:
1999 Renault Scenic 2.0
  5 Lastest Threads by Spannerdemon
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Scenic 1 - How To Change A Seatbelt*With... Scenic Stephen Leitch 18 10081 6th April 2009 08:23 PM
Spooky Windows!! Electronics Spannerdemon 9 1579 19th January 2009 04:32 PM
Clock/Radio Display Problem Electronics Lagdti 8 1952 9th January 2009 06:55 PM
Starter problem and no radio display*Fixed* Engines Spannerdemon 11 1761 30th December 2008 10:11 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome