Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Fire mirror problem..

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 9th January 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by masterword View Post
hi guys ,thought id add to the problem..
having been out in my car for about an hour i returned home,, three hours later, ish..i went to my car and found it was on fire..,luckerly a gararge is near where i live so they put the fire out,its a right off job..waiting to hear what insurance says..a real sham cos it was a well running car which i was happy with..
I drive a1998 Scenic and have read with some concern the many, many, posting on the mirror-control, fire situation.
A few months ago I replaced the drivers side window lift system. On dismantling the door for access I was astounded by the seemingly inadequate sizing of the wires to the mirror controls. This particularly after checking the system fuse sizes and circuitry. I am going to install an additional, lower rated in-line fuse in the circuit feeding the mirror system together with an isolating swiitch. Then when I need to power the mirror system etc. I can, but otherwise no power to that door; particularly when the ignition is off and the vehicle unattended.
Finally, is it me, or do the problems only seem to arise when the cars are unattended and ignition off??
Currently in happyspear's garage:
RT Auto 1.6
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome