Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Dealership work quote -, is this reasonable?

View Single Post
post #27 of (permalink) Old 10th January 2009
dr. sarf
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

Hi all. I've just come back from Renault Burton-on-Trent after a service enquiry for my Lag. I need a new rear bush for the suspension (National can't do it) and a mysterious rattle from under the bonnet needs investigating.

The replacement rear bush costs 42 from Renault but takes 2.2 hours to fit, so it's gonna cost between 250-300!

Equally, they've quoted up to 3 hours to investigate my rattle under the bonnet - this is in case the dash needs to be removed as it could be the source of the rattle.

So I have a 600 bill looming. Then they tell me its due a cambelt change at 466. lol
Hopefully I can confirm that the car has had its belt changed recently.

Actually though, I found the garages service to be spot on - taking lots of details about my mysterious rattle, and taking the time to speak to me properly. They've informed me of all the potential costs in advance and offered me a free courtesy car while mine's in the garage.

I know people think the stealers are a rip off, but its actually only about 20 an hour more than my regular garage, and so far the service has been infinitely better.
Currently in dr. sarf's garage:
2002 Laguna 1.9dCi Sports Tourer @ 143BHP
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome