Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Fire mirror problem..

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10th January 2009
chris m
Let's be carefull out there
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Send a message via MSN to chris m
Originally Posted by happyspear View Post
I drive a1998 Scenic and have read with some concern the many, many, posting on the mirror-control, fire situation.
A few months ago I replaced the drivers side window lift system. On dismantling the door for access I was astounded by the seemingly inadequate sizing of the wires to the mirror controls. This particularly after checking the system fuse sizes and circuitry. I am going to install an additional, lower rated in-line fuse in the circuit feeding the mirror system together with an isolating switch. Then when I need to power the mirror system etc. I can, but otherwise no power to that door; particularly when the ignition is off and the vehicle unattended.
Finally, is it me, or do the problems only seem to arise when the cars are unattended and ignition off??
Not a bad idea to fit the isolator although I think the issue is the multiplug, may be worth checking if this will alter your insurance as well.
I think it seems to happen mainly when car is unattended as well.
I would think if anyone is unsure whether their car may be affected it would be wise to drop a line to RCS with the VIN for clarification
Currently in chris m's garage:
2000 Scenic 2.0 16v Monaco, BMW 3 Series, Pug 206
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome