Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Garage Servicing

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10th January 2009 Thread Starter
dr. sarf
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Garage Servicing

Hi all.

I recently took my car to a branch of a large well known car servicing company for a full service. Having printed the servicing schedule off beforehand, I was well aware of everything that was to be checked on the car.

I have a knocking coming from the rear suspension which I assumed was a bush. I informed the garage of this and asked them to take a look, as well as looking at one of my side light bulbs that was out.

After they'd done, they had said there was nothing wrong with the car - nor did they change my bulb as requested!

Took the car to another garage to investigate this knocking. They had the car up on the ramp and asked me to go and take a look. The instantly pointed out a corroded rear bush and actually showed it me.

If this wasn't spotted by the previous garage along with not bothering with my bulb change, what else was overlooked? The original garage also said I had a loose exhaust heat shield and they said they'd tightened it up. Again, I found that the mounting bolt was actually missing - so they couldn't have tightened it.

Do you think there's any point in complaining formally? The servicing did cost me over 130.
Currently in dr. sarf's garage:
2002 Laguna 1.9dCi Sports Tourer @ 143BHP
  5 Lastest Threads by dr. sarf
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
2003 Megane & Laguna Engine Engines Floydthebarber 1 1130 16th September 2009 01:37 AM
Connecting a Sub In-car entertainment dave_mezza2006 4 1557 5th September 2009 05:19 PM
Cabasse Aux Connection In-car entertainment dr. sarf 7 3701 28th August 2009 06:09 PM
Sunroof Leak Bodywork davesss 3 1301 25th August 2009 08:44 PM
Car won't start this morning. Electronics m53g 2 1126 1st August 2009 09:47 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome