Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Espace radio stopped working after changing battery

View Single Post
post #19 of (permalink) Old 10th January 2009
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Fishing the Sea Champion
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 11
Originally Posted by gav1n View Post
many thanks donald,need to go to in car audio shop next week and they reckon they should have one for me,although there are a few different ones on ebay but cannot tell if the same as your photo,unless you could take photo of top and bottom for me please?
also a quick question,fan belt started making very quiet noise today but only on tip over i could hear it,when got home opened the bonnet with engine running and if i touch the fan belt with it running it stops{not recommended i know}or if i squirt wd40 it stops for a little while.
many thanks gav
Gi Gav1n with regards to you belt i suspect its loose?? my 02 is fitted with a pre-tensioner so i guess your 2000 has it fitted too?? its not uncommon for them to loose there tension??and if this is the case your going to need a new one iam afraid, but yours could also be tensioned by the alternator?? just watch the belt out the does not come off as it can get in-tangled with the timing belt and that you DON'T want to happen,iam sure and i hope another member will read this and help you more than iam able to with regards to your belt,

I will take more pic's of the cd box after dinner and post them in here

Cheers Donald
Currently in Donald's garage:
2005 Mercedes Benz C200 Classic SE Kompresser & 1998 Fiat Cinquecento Fire Sporting,some may say i could do far better?,i say i could do far worse.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome