Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clock/Radio Display Problem

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10th January 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to Bodincus

Originally Posted by Spannerdemon View Post
Thanks guys for all the above posts. A trip to my local Halfords (or similar) tomorrow!! It will be great if it's just the bulbs. Getting the dash off is no problem, as I've had to do it already to re-code the radio.

Thanks again.
Did you have to do what to do what? Take off the dash? To take off the whole fascia on a Megane Scenic is a nightmare! Are you sure you did that?
And recode the radio? What you mean recode? If you lost the original unlock code, you can have it from some websites, reading a few numbers off a sticker that's on the head unit itself.
You can pull the head unit out inserting two small rods in the holes on the side of it. No need to take off the fascia or even the top panel.
While you're at your local spare shop, see if they have a copy of the Haynes manual, it's really useful to know exactly what screws & bits to remove to access / replace something hidden away. So far it's been an invaluable friend for me & my Megane
Currently in Bodincus's garage:
2010 Scénic 1.6 VVT Dynamique ˇ 2010 Twingo 1.2 16V i-Music
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome