Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - The Vel Satis Club, for all things Vel....

View Single Post
post #242 of (permalink) Old 10th January 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hey there. I'm new in here. I was so glad that I found the link to this forum in Wikipedia.

Huh, who am I? Just a velsatis owner from Lithuania. I've owned my Velsatis since I bought it new in the summer of 03. I bought the basic silver 2.0 turbo model with only few additional options:

18" alloy wheels
Carminat navigation system
6 cd cabasse changer

I've enjoyed it so much for all the time. I never had any problems with it and you wont believe what you'd see on the odometer. It's 220000 km, that is over 140.000 miles. It has had LPG gas system from the beggining. I saved for a new velsatis now, but I don't want it. The old one still runs perfectly.

The fuel consumption is average. But, the gas is twice as cheap as petrol, so 9-10 liters per 100 kilometres is okay.

What problems I have had so far?
I had to change a new clutch. And that is it. Definately, oil , brakes and other ordinary changes.

I have had some strange minor flashes on the main display, like FAULT IN FUEL INJECTION or BATTERY CHARGE FAULT. But they were once, and as soon I came to a dealer, they dissapeared.

What problems I have now are:

1. Sat nav is not working. It reads: REC.ERROR I tried to change antenna, but it didn't help. Can someone advise me something?

2. The full stop light, which is normally red, when I am driving is yellow. What could that mean?

Thanks for your answers in advance.

Currently in Vudis's garage:
2003 Renault Vel Satis 2.ot
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome