Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Wheels and Tyres - Tyre Pressure Sensors - Member experiences and solution

View Single Post
post #464 of (permalink) Old 10th January 2009
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Fishing the Sea Champion
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 11
Originally Posted by Lagdti View Post
Good point Don.

We had a customer with a very high mileage (260,000 miles) Lag 2 which wanted the pressure monitoring system disabled as the black box reciever was ripped off by going through flood water.I told him at the time that a dealer could do it,but apparently they refused as it was a safety item.Surely if it didn't work,disabling the system wouldn't make the blindest bit of difference?.But anyway,he stuck some insulation tape over the warnings and drove on.He checked his tyre pressures regularly so didn't rely on the system.

It doesn't matter though,he's just bought a Jag off of us and part ex'd the Lag 2......and no,I didn't buy it......but someone did..
I've said this before i do not want it nor do i need it whats wrong with getting out the car and checking the pressures once a week but don't get me wrong if thats what people want then fair enough its just not for me,

Cheers Donald
Currently in Donald's garage:
2005 Mercedes Benz C200 Classic SE Kompresser & 1998 Fiat Cinquecento Fire Sporting,some may say i could do far better?,i say i could do far worse.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome