Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - rx4 2.0lt petrol wont start

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11th January 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Smile scenic rx4 2.0lt 16v fuel pump

thanks for all your advise have solved problem it was the fuel pump was located under the back seats under the carpet. i lifted the carbet and could see the ruber cover of the pump fitting, took cover of and you can see the power fittinf for the pump and the 2 fuel lines colour coded one red and the other blue/green. after unscrewing the plasting ring that holds the pump fitting down in the tank i carefully lifted out makeing sure i dont bent the fuel level floater..
now that the pump was on the work bench i had 2 options, first was buy the hole plastic fitting with pump and electricks wich was 240 euros. second option carefully strip the pump (the metal looking drum) from the plastic fitting and try and find one that fits using serial numbers locatted on the pump.
the econd option is what i did it only cost me 80euros for a bosch pump .. wich i then fitted back in the plastic fitting and back in the car.. problem solved
Currently in mojitos1's garage:
renault scenic RX4- 2.0lt unleaded model 2003
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome