Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna II 04 Rear Suspension coil spring failure

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 16th May 2006
Angry Laguna II 04 Rear Suspension coil spring failure

Hello All

I have recently had a bad experience with Renault Laguna Sports Tourer 1.9dci. I was going on holiday and heard a large metallic snap and suspected suspension failure. Checked around the car seemed to be no problems. Loud clanging sound started whilst I was on holiday.
I then came back off holiday checked the exhaust with local garage on a ramp with no problems so suspected suspension. Booked into Renault dealer last Friday.
They diagnosed a snapped rear suspension coil spring!!
Said they would order one and would be ready Saturday morning. Saturday morning they stated that there wasn't one in the country (sounds like a con). Monday they said it could be 7 to 10 days and were organising a hire car.
Tuesday still no hire car and wife having to ferry me back and forward to work (lost hours and money!!).
I rang the hire car company and they said they had received a request from dealer for a hire car but would not provide one until dealer had cleared their acount as they were behind.
All the time I have had to do the chasing and dealer do not seem bothered at all.
Now they said the part could be here tommorrow but if not would provide me with one of their cars.
If I was being cynical I would say that dealer had created the problem with the hire car so they did not have to pay for one.
To say that I am not impressed is an understatement!!!!!!!
Sorry for the rant as my first post.

I am now thinking of trading in the Renault.

Last edited by bonedavid; 18th May 2006 at 05:05 AM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome