Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Espace - Did I Pay Too Much?

View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 11th January 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by Lagdti View Post
The EGR valve is indeed a common problem,and although the valve can need cleaning,the manifold in which it sits needs cleaning out too.

When you say 'complete shut down',do you mean it cuts out?.If so,you could have injector problems and that really isn't cheap to sort out I'm afraid.

How long a warranty did the seller give you with the car?.
sorry have not been on here for a long time,the car is now sorted at a cost of 800 for one new and one reconditioned injectors .this was fixed in October 08 and so far Jan 09 we have had no more probs ,fingers crossed just one more thing though.since we started having this problem, we looked around and was shocked at the amount of people who have had the same problem not just power loss but total engine cut out.we contacted VOSA as advised from a post we found on here.there response was that as far as they were concerned there had been no other complaint about this brought to there attention .i think with the amount of people who have described total engine loss which in my opinion could be very dangerous should bring this to VOSA attention and let them look into it .if anybody would like to contacted Stuart l Jenkins of VOSA then i will pass on his details ,and he will look into it . just finally i would like to thank the people who have taken the time to read and reply to us all, a big thank you ,without you we would be spending a lot of unnecessary money
Currently in renz73's garage:
renault espace 2.2 dci the race
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome