Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Thinking of changing my alloys

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12th January 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 6 Times in 11 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Thanked 1,640 Times in 1,304 Posts
Thinking of changing my alloys

Well I 've had my car a couple of years now and I'm getting bored with it. This happened with my last Laguna and I spiced it up a bit by getting some different alloys.

I was thinking of doing this to my Laguna II and was thinking of the same alloys as before (AEZ Cyber 17"). Now they looked the dogs on the Lag 1, so should look good on the Lag II.

If anyone can find a website that shows the AEZ Cyber 17"s on a Lag II I would appreciate it, it would be nice to see them on the car before parting with cash. I've looked but I cant find a site that has them on that does this.

Thing is I just rang my insurance company and if I change my alloys they want to up my premium, not by much (17 over the next 9 months) but still ! I mean the alloys would be the same diameter and width FFS, just a dfferent design. I didnt tell the insurance company when I changed the wheels on the Laguna 1.

Now I want peeps opinions here, would you go ahead and do it and not tell the insurance or not ?

Would my policy be invalidated if I had a crash or would they just not pay out for a replacement alloy if needed.

Cheers guys.
Currently in dave_mezza2006's garage:
2014 Vauxhall Astra Limited Edition 1.4 16v VVT Turbo
  5 Lastest Threads by dave_mezza2006
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome