Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Central Locking Issue

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 15th July 2005 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Clio 2 - Central Locking Issue

Cheers for the hello Selwonk!

Interesting one for you all...

Car - Renault Clio 1.4 RT 1999 S Reg. 5 Door

Few weeks ago the Central Locking Infrared Key Fob died on me and not wanting to be ripped off by Renault for a new key , I sucessfully installed an aftermarket RF Remote Central Locking Unit.

All has been fine for several weeks now. Then randomly earlier on today without any warning whatsoever (i.e all was fine up until this afternoon), only the passenger (left side) door's central locking operates and all other doors refuse to unlock (they are stuck locked so the central locking is not operating in these doors).

Managed to manually get the drivers door open but the 2 rear doors remain locked tight (plungers stuck down) and the key will not even unlock the boot lock which is also stuck locked.

I've checked fuses and tried the system using the internal console central locking rocker switch and with the aftermarket device disconnected. No joy. I've also had the battery disconnected to try a reset. Still no joy.

I could understand if nothing works (fuse or relay issue maybe), but the fact is the one door is actually working and i have absolutely no clue why the others don't!!

I find it hard to believe that all the other door lock motors have failed apart from the passenger one. I see no reason why a wire would come loose since i haven't touched anything out of the norm since this morning.

Any ideas? Much Appreciated!

Cheers, Razza
  5 Lastest Threads by razza
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Clio 2 - Central Locking Issue Electronics mike h 25 8151 15th July 2005 09:09 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome