Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Silly servicing

Thread: Silly servicing
View Single Post
post #20 of (permalink) Old 16th May 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by OG
You are of course (and perhaps as usual) right Vass.

The problem is who decides! This has been discussed at length in the past but the bottom line is that, as seen as it's my butt on the line, I'm not prepared to take any chances. We don't make money from the site, it costs us money so I don't fancy paying legal bills on top
Fair enough, as far as I am concerned. I have no problem with that. That sort of decision has to remain yours and yours alone.

I recently had a choice of [1] either decide to go to court with a leading insurer (before disclosure stage), or [2] capitulate because I wasn't prepared to risk 100,000 on the (in my view) small risk that I could lose and be ordered to pay costs. I chose to drop the case against them but despite getting most of my money back from DVLA, I've regretted my decision ever since. I accepted counsel's advice after a somewhat heated debate with him in chambers but now I believe he was totally wrong for a number of reasons.

I think a disclaimer on the forum might help your position as will making it clear that you are affording anyone mentioned in any post the right of reply.

Every little helps... as they say.
Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome