Had to change a side light bulb in the headlamp today.....not an easy job at all. Breakdown for anybody who needs to do it in future is as follows.
1. remove plastic side shroud
2. undo the lower bolt that holds the headlamp unit in place next to the centre grill.
3. remove the wiring plug from the back of the side light/main beam.
4. pull the headlamp out from the front approx 10-15mm (this will allow enough room to unclip the cover on the rear of the headlamp unit)
5. remove the filler neck of the washer bottle if drivers side.
6. slide the headlamp cover to one side to allow access to the bulbs, remove the faulty bulb (side light is a 501 fitment)
7. change bulb and reassemble in reverse order, check all bulbs work before tightening everything back down.
All in all about 30 mins work for a 50p bulb.