Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Dealership work quote -, is this reasonable?

View Single Post
post #29 of (permalink) Old 13th January 2009
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
renault problems

yes u are correct, ive read other forums as well, i belong to an Australian one as well, and when u criticse a renault on that site, u get told in no uncertain terms, dont do that, it will afect the resale on our cars, yet they ask the same questions, why does this and that go on them,the truth is, Renault cars have more consistent problems than their Jap equilivants, and thats a fact,ive been amazed at the number of potentialy dangerous faults on these cars, Electric mirror switches, stalling at intersections, shock absorbers breaking, all at relatively low mileage, i dont consider 60,000 milres to be high mileage these days, it may have been 40 years ago, but most Jap cars today will do 200000ks without a major fault. i mean waterpumps and cam belts aside,some are to proud to admit it, others just dont like Asian cars, well the way the indstry is going, i reckon quality will be the factor that keeps them afloat and repeat buyers, that rules out a few doesnt it.
Currently in petercee's garage:
1998 scenic rxe
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome