Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic 2 stereo stalk and seatbelt light

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 14th January 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Unhappy Scenic 2 stereo stalk and seatbelt light

Hi people, I'm new to the forum

Vehicle : Scenic 2 1.5dci Rush (2004, '54'). I've just had the resistor pack replaced for the heater blower and the wiring loom modified (so hopefully it doesn't fail again, like so many seem to have done). This was done 7 days ago. At the weekend I reset the radio by using the correct security code. I couldn't get this to work by the 'satellite stereo stalk' input method that the manual says you should use (the 4 digits went in ok but I couldn't get the thing to finally accept the code). So, I entered it via the main stereo unit, and all was well, i.e the stereo was working fine. Until today, when the wife tells me that the stereo stalk doesn't work now (first time she'd used it since I reset the radio) AND her seatbelt warning light doesn't work either.
I really don't want to have the dash out again (and the cost) of doing it. I'm thinking :

1) Check the wiring under the seats for the seatbelt warning stuff: maybe got 'jogged' when the heater blower was being fixed???
2) As I entered the stereo code via the main unit, rather than the 'satellite' stalk, does the system now think there is no satellite and therefore not recgnise commands on the stalk???
3) Am I going to have to bite the bullet and have the dash out again to try and find a loose connection somewhere?

I'm a bit stumped. I'll try and fix anything when it goes wrong ( I like to know WHY things go wrong and learn from this) but would like to save myself a weekend of grief if possible !
Any advice or knowledge greatly appreciated. Thanks
Currently in Gillyboy's garage:
Scenic 2 1.5dci Rush
  5 Lastest Threads by Gillyboy
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Scenic 2 stereo stalk and seatbelt light Electronics Gillyboy 10 1869 14th January 2009 12:45 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome